Held under the patronage of The Republic of Uganda, Office of The Prime Minister, with the endorsement of the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Cooperatives, the 2nd Project East Africa Summit returns to the region, this year focusing solely on the financing of power projects and energy infrastructure throughout the East African trade block, as Africa’s most rapidly expanding economy and number one energy investment destination.
Prime Minister, Rt Hon Dr Ruhakana Rugunda will be welcoming all national utility companies, power regulators, developers, finance providers, DFI’s, multi-laterals, private/public equity funds, EPC’s, major construction companies, lawyers and consultants for two days of debate, working platforms and private meetings. This will encompass;
- Current and upcoming Government development plans
- Key finance and investment opportunities
- Core value and analysis of ‘Bankable Opportunities’
- Debate and interaction with utility and regulatory bodies
- Generation opportunities and challenges, national and local
- Opportunities in cross border power-sharing agreements
- Transmission and distribution projects
- Off-grid rural electrification initiatives
- Local content requirements and support initiatives
Covering Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia Rwanda and Kenya, this year's Project East Africa focuses solely on the financing of power projects and energy infrastructure in Africa's most rapidly expanding economy and number one energy investment destination.
In addition to the two day summit, the Prime Minster will host an exclusive invitation-only private working dinner with the Minister of Energy & Mineral Development and Minister of Trade Industry & Cooperatives to selected c-suite public / private investors and the wider value chain for a working evening of debate and actionable plans re the financial structuring and delivery of major upcoming power and utility projects.
The Project East Africa 2019 sponsorship and exhibition packages offer branding opportunities extensively throughout the event and during the months leading up to it. Positions are limited, to secure your place on the main agenda, align your meeting schedule ahead of the event, or to hear more contact us today.